The Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
If you’re looking for fast results without any thinking required, the Cabbage Soup Diet might be the best choice for you. By limiting what you’re eating as well as the calories that you’re taking it, it’s said to be possible to lose up to nine pounds every eleven days you’re on this diet.
However, there is some concern for the safety as well as the long term weight loss that people can expect – read on for all the information you need.
What is the Cabbage Soup Diet?
The Cabbage Soup Diet is simply as its name says – a diet in which you eat cabbage soup. While this doesn’t sound all that glamorous, there are many dieters who swear by it to help them with last minute weight loss needs. You will eat a special recipe of cabbage soup all day, every day for a week – as many times as you like.
You can eat as much soup as you like so that you’re not hungry as well as drink water and take a multivitamin to keep up your energy. But you can also eat other foods, which many people don’t realize.
The Cabbage Soup Diet works by limiting your calories as well as flushing out the toxins in your body that may be making you weigh more than you like.
How Do You Make The Cabbage Soup?
If you’re going on the Cabbage Soup Diet, it’s recommended that you make the soup in advance so that you have it ready for you whenever you’re hungry. To make the soup, you’ll need:
- 6 green onions, large
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 – 2 cans of tomatoes (whole or diced)
- 3 whole carrots
- 10 oz. mushrooms
- 1 bunch of celery
- Half head of cabbage
- 1 package soup mix (Lipton is fine)
- (optional) 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon
- (optional) 1 48 ounce can V8
- Season to taste with pepper, parsley, garlic powder, salt, curry, etc.
Follow These Steps To Make The Cabbage Soup:
- Slice the green onions finely and put into a pan. Sauté them in the pan with cooking spray, not oil.
- Cut the stem end of the green peppers off and then cut in half, taking the seeds and the inside white matter out. Then cut the green peppers into bite-sized pieces. Add these pieces to the pan.
- Take the outer leaves off the cabbage head, cut into bite-sized pieces, and add to the pan.
- Clean the carrots and cerery cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the pan.
- Slice the mushrooms into thick slices and add to pan.
- Use about twelve cups of water (or some combination of water and V8) cover and Simmer or slow cook all until soup is done. (up to 2 hours)
*If you like a spicier soup, you can add any spices that you like as well as salt and pepper to taste. You can also add the tomatoes if you like a little more flavor. Add these extras about a hour before done.
The 1 Week Cabbage Soup Diet
All you have to do is follow a simple plan if you want the Cabbage Soup Diet to work.
Day One: Eat all of the fruit that you want (no bananas) as well as your soup and cranberry juice and water.
Day Two: Eat all of the vegetables that you can (but no corn, peas, or beans) as well as your soup. You can also eat a baked potato for dinner with a little butter. Avoid fruit on Day Two.
Day Three: No baked potato today, but you can have all the fruits and vegetables that you want along on this day of the Cabbage Soup Diet.
Day Four: To help reduce your cravings for sweets, you can have bananas and skim milk today along with your cabbage soup.
Day Five: You can eat all beef and tomatoes you want today (or skinless chicken if you like). Make sure to drink a lot of water too.
Day Six: Today is the day on the Cabbage Soup Diet when you can eat all the beef and vegetables that you want, along with your soup.
Day Seven: Unsweetened fruit juices, brown rice and vegetables are on the menu today, along with your soup.
The last word on the cabbage soup diet
The Cabbage Soup Diet should only be followed for a week at a time, with two weeks off in between each diet. This allows you to still get the maximum results.