Jogging Tips For Women
Many people are aware of the great health benefits jogging. With women’s jogging, there are a few safety and health tips that you need to follow in order to get the most out of your workout.
Before you begin your women’s jogging routine, you first need to speak with a trusted health care professional. Once you have been checked out and have a green light, you are ready to begin a regular women’s jogging routine. However, do not immediately run out the door for a jog.
You need to begin slowly with a nice, brisk power walk. It is important to build up to a fitness level that is effective for maintaining a women’s jogging workout schedule.
Individuals who are new to women’s jogging, especially those who are jogging to lose weight, have a tendency to overdo it and push themselves too hard. This is a big no-no. It is important never to attempt to push your body over its limits because it greatly increases the chance of injury.
The Benefits of Jogging
A number of benefits come with women’s jogging; so many in fact that it is impossible to cover them all in a single article. Topping out the list of jogging benefits, however, would be weight loss.
Another good thing that comes with women’s jogging is how great it is for your bones and muscles. Jogging is a great way to tone your muscles and prevent bone loss. You will see that most people who jog on a regular basis do not suffer from conditions such as osteoporosis as they age.
You cannot mention the benefits of women’s jogging without including the cardiovascular benefits. Jogging is a fantastic way to get your blood flowing and your heart pumping. Very seldomly do people who jog regularly ever develop heart disease or suffer from a stroke. Jogging keeps your circulatory system running in shipshape.
The most important women’s jogging equipment is a good pair of running shoes. Do not be afraid to spend a few extra dollars; the good shoes are worth every penny. A great many aches and pains have been the result of bad running shoes.
Protect yourself by shopping around to find the running shoes that are ideal for your terrain, foot shape and personal women’s jogging regimen.
Other jogging equipment you might need include:
- Wristwatch with stopwatch capabilities
- MP3 player, or some other type of mobile music player
- Pouch bag for valuables such as keys, wallet, etc
- Heart rate monitor
Jogging Safety Tips
Several safety tips apply to women’s jogging, including:
- Always be aware of your surroundings, and run in areas that are well lit if you run at night.
- Know your terrain; watch out for potholes, sidewalk cracks and any other obstacles that may cause injury.
- Either in a wrist pocket or tucked inside your shoe, keep your identification on you. In addition, you should also have a medical bracelet or some indication of any allergies or other medical issues. Also, bring along a few dollars in case of emergency.
- Wear light, reflective clothing. At the very least, you need to wear reflective strips on your wrists or ankles, especially if running near roadways or after dark.